Brown lentil Soup
- Brown lentils
- Chicken (optional)
- 7 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 tbsp tomato pasata/1 ½ tbsp tomato concentrate
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ltr water (or more)
- Chilli (optional)
- 1 or 2 green chillis
- Oil (for frying)
- Coriander (chopped
- only needed as garnish)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
1. Pour oil into a pressure cooker and heat it.
2. When the oil is heated, add brown lentils to the pressure cooker.
3. Add chicken (optional), 7 crushed garlic cloves, paprika, chilli (optional), 4 tablespoons of tomato pasata or 1 ½ tablespoon of tomato concentrate.
4. Add 3 bay leaves to the pressure cooker, as well as 1 litre or more of water. The volume of water required depends on the quantity of the lentils.
5. Leave the ingredients to cook for 20 minutes
6. Finally, add 1-2 green chillies to the soup and a sprinkle of chopped coriander to the top.
Serve with bread.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Soya cream of peppers soup 4/5 (115 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.