Vegetarian, Dairy free, Gluten free
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper- halved seeded & finely chopped
- 1 red pepper - halved seeded & finely chopped
- 1 aubergine - diced
- 1 courgette -diced
- 2 red tomatoes - peeled seeded & diced
- 8 eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the onion, pepper, aubergine, courgette and tomatoes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion, frying for 4 minutes on a medium heat. Add the peppers, aubergine and courgette. When the vegetables have become browned and are cooked, add the tomatoes and continue cooking until the water has evaporated and there is a thick mixture in the pan. In total, this should take about 20 minutes.
Separately, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt. Turn up the hob and pour the eggs onto the vegetables. Cook the egg on one side, shaking the pan so any runny egg is also allowed to cook.
Once browned on one side, slide out of the pan onto a plate. Invert the tortilla and hold with a spatula until placed back into the pan. Cook the underside until it has also browned. Again, this can take up to 20 minutes.
Remove the tortilla from the heat and it is ready to serve straight away. Add salt and fresh pepper to finish and cut into wedges.
The tortilla keeps for 2 days, refrigerated. Good cold with spreaded with mayonnaise
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Courgette Cream Soup 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Sangria with peaches and apples 4.5/5 (56 Votes)