- 1 cup dried soy beans
- 3 cups water
- 3 tsp nigari
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Soak the beans overnight, then discard the water and rinse.
Blend them with some water and strain the pulp to achieve a runny milk.
Set the pulp aside and bring the milk to a boil then turn the heat off and add the nigari.
Let rest for 5-10 minutes until it curdles and then pour the mixture in a cheese cloth in a tofu mould.
Let the tofu firm up with a weight on top for a few hours then place in a cointainer covered in water.
The pulp, or okara, should be used within a few days or frozen.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice... 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Homemade Pickle 4.6/5 (45 Votes)