Classic Victoria Sponge
- 4oz Butter
- 4oz Self raising Flour
- 4oz Sugar
- Drops of Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Juice
- Icing sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one by one, adding a little flour with each.
Before adding the remaining flour, stir in the vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.
Fold in the remaining flour.
Put into two greased and lined 8 inch cake pans. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes.
When cooked, fill with a filling of your choice and dust with icing sugar.
Wait until the butter and sugar are almost white.
Gently fold to ensure maximum air is kept in the batter.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (456 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)