Red Velvet Cupcales Recipe
Follow this fool proof recipe for the best Red Velvet delights! These are ideal as easy snacks for birthdays, celebrations and family get-togethers!
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g soft unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp red food dye
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 175ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 500g icing sugar
- 125g cream cheese
- 125g soft unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 170°C
Line 2 muffin trays with paper cupcake cups
Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and bicarb soda.
In another bowl, blend the butter and sugar. Mix in the red food colouring and the vanilla extract.
Keep beating and add 1 spoon of the dried ingredients.
Next add your two eggs, and then more dry ingredients.
Combine all the rest of the dry ingredients.
Beat in buttermilk and the vinegar.
Fill the cases.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Add the cream cheese and butter with the sugar, in a mixing bowl. Add the cider vinegar and beat until you get a smooth finish icing.
Cover your cupcakes with the icing, add sprinks and decorations as you see fit.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Eye-boggling Masterpiece 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Homemade Pickle 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Earl Grey Macarons with Cream... 3.4/5 (138 Votes)
- Pulled Pork 2.8/5 (84 Votes)