Key Lime Pie
Fresh and Zingy
- For the Base
- 300g (11 oz) Digestive Biscuits
- 150g (5 oz) Butter
- 50g (2 oz) Caster Sugar
- For the Filling
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 400g (14 oz) Condensed Milk
- Zest and Juice of 4 Unwaxed Limes
- For the Topping
- 300ml (½ pt) Double Cream
- 1-2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Lime Slices & Mint Leaves to Decorate
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 160°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3.
Grease a loose-based 23cm (9 inch) tin.
Crush the biscuits or blitz in a food processor until they become crumbs and mix with the melted butter and sugar.
Press the mixture into the base and up the sides of the prepared tin and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven to cool whilst preparing the filling.
Whisk the egg yolks and add the condensed milk and whisk until combined and of a smooth consistency.
Stir in the lime zest and juice and pour the mixture of the biscuit base and bake for 15 minutes.
Cool completely in the tin and chill for 3 hours before turning out.
Whisk the cream and the icing sugar until thick and spoon over the top of the lime filling.
Spread the filling evenly forming peaks and the side and decorate with lime slices and mint leaves.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Coronation Chicken 3.6/5 (103 Votes)
- Papaya and Lime Frosties 3.3/5 (124 Votes)
- Smoothie Totally Tropical 3.3/5 (105 Votes)