Chocolate lime pie
- 75g butter
- 50g dark chocolate
- 150g digestive biscuits
- 1can (218g) condensed milk
- 2 limes
- 2 eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
In a sauspan melt the butter and chocolate.
Crush the biscuits and stir in the butter and chocolate.
Pour the biscuits into a flan dish and put in the fridge to set.
Pre heat oven to 170 degrees celsius gas mark three.
Separate eggs putting the whites into a large bowl.
What is the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
In a different bowl whisk egg yolks until creamy.
Whisk in condensed milk and lime juice to the yolks.
Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture very carefully.
Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the filling is set, decorate with the lime zest.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Kissing Pie 3.7/5 (119 Votes)
- Coronation Chicken 3.6/5 (103 Votes)
- Papaya and Lime Frosties 3.3/5 (124 Votes)
- No cook chocolate tart 3.9/5 (73 Votes)
- Smoothie Totally Tropical 3.3/5 (102 Votes)