For a child who loves the 7 dwarves, this is the perfect cake!
- 175g/230g butter
- 175g/230g caster sugar
- 3/4 eggs
- 175g/230g self-raising flour
- (1tsp baking powder)
- 2 packs chocolate fingers
- 150g butter
- 350g icing sugar
- 1-2tsp orange flavouring
- 2tbsp milk
- Large assortment of icing
- Black edible gravel
- Black edible ink pen
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 200mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line two 8 inch baking tins.
Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, then fold in the flour (and baking powder).
Split the mixture evenly between the two tins, then cook for 20-25 minutes until the cake bounces back when prodded and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
Cream the butter until soft. Add the icing sugar a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the orange and milk.
Use the buttercream to sandwich the cakes together, then cover the top and sides evenly.
Roll out green icing and cut into an 8" circle. Then cut an inch-wide winding strip through the circle like a path. Stick the remaining icing to the buttercream on top of the cake, filling in the pathway with the black gravel.
Stick the chocolate fingers carefully around the sides of the cake.
Using pictures as guides, use the roll out icing to build your dwarves. Take time to capture their features to make them instantly recognisable.
Once complete, stand them on the pathway and serve.
The icing dwarves will keep for a long time if you store them in a cold, dry place such as a fridge :)
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (254 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (188 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)