Red Clover Wine
A family recipe by Great-Nanna Lottie.
- 2 quarts of purple blossom
- 4 quarts boiling water
- 3 lemons
- 2 oranges
- 4 lb sugar
- 1 oz yeast on toast
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Pour the boiling water over the blossoms and allow to stand until lukewarm.
Slice the fruit, add the sugar and yeast on toast.
Put all the ingredients together in a bowl. Stand for five days, stirring twice a day.
Strain and leave for another five days.
Strain and leave again for three days.
Bottle, leaving corks loose for 10 days, then cork up and it will be ready in a month.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (137 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (91 Votes)
- Double chocolate chip frappe 3.4/5 (144 Votes)
- Café Frappe - Greek Iced Coffee 3.6/5 (119 Votes)
- Kale and Chickpeas with Blood... 3.2/5 (133 Votes)
- Brownies/Munchers 4/5 (20 Votes)