Lamb Shoulder, Slow-Cooked with Sliced Potatoes
- 3 medium onions
- thinly sliced
- 6 large potatoes
- peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch thyme
- leaves picked
- salt and black pepper
- 1 lamb shoulder
- 1 garlic bulb
- peeled and separated into cloves
- 568ml chicken stock
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 130C.
Gently mix the onions, potatoes and thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Layer the potatoes and onions in a roasting tin and place the lamb on top.
Cut small incisions in the lamb and stick the whole garlic cloves in the holes, pushing them into the meat to prevent them burning during cooking.
Pour the chicken stock over and place in the oven for 4-5 hours, or until the potatoes are crisp on top and soft inside.
When cooked, remove the lamb from the oven and set aside to rest for 20 minutes, covered with foil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (217 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (175 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (186 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Lamb chops in Apple... 3.5/5 (143 Votes)