Perfect for Winter
- For the Cupcakes
- 175g (6 oz) Self Raising Flour
- 175g (6 oz) Butter
- 175g (6 oz) Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Mixed Spice
- Juice of 1 Clementine
- 12 tsp of Mincemeat
- For the Frosting
- 125g (4 oz) Butter
- 125g (4 oz) White Shortening (Trex)
- 450g (1lb) Icing Sugar
- Splash of Brandy (to taste)
- Fondant holly leaves and berries to decorate.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat the oven to 160°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3
Grease a 12 hole muffin tin or line with paper cases.
Cream the butter and sugar until almost white add the eggs and fold in sifted flour and spices.
Once folded add the juice of the clementine.
Place a dollop of the cake mixture into the prepared tin or cases depending on what you're using followed by a teaspoon of mincemeat.
Add a further dollop of cake mixture, making sure the mincemeat is covered.
Bake for 15 minutes or until firm to the touch and allow to cool.
For the Brandy frosting beat together the butter and vegetable shortening and add the sifted icing sugar.
Beat together until the frosting is smooth and creamy and add a splash of brandy to taste.
Pipe swirls on top of the cupcakes and decorate with fondant holly leaves and berries if desired.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.7/5 (148 Votes)