Lentils/Dal Seekh Kebabs
ow obviously being a vegetarian you hardly get any choices in kebabs when you are in the UK. Back in India I had so many options to choose from. Any ways, I can’t mourn over it more. Lately I tried making Daal Seekh Kebabs and I was so satisfied (I have no words to explain my satisfaction level;). These kebabs are very healthy and are enriched in protein. Hmmm! Also very simple and hassle free. :)
- Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
- Channa Dal- 1/2 cup
- Potato - 1/2 boiled and grated
- Onion - 1 (grated)
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves - 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - to taste
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies - 2 (minced)
- Gram flour- 2 tablespoon
- Oil- for greasing (I used olive oil)
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Clean, wash and boil the moong dal and channa dal in 2 cups of water till the dal is soft and cooked and all the water has evaporated.
Combine the cooked dal with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
Using a thick seekh (metal /wooden skewer/toothpick), press each portion of the dal mixture on it using your fingers to make kebab.
Brush each kebab with oil.
Heat oil in a pan and cook kebabs till both the sides are brown.
Serve hot with yogurt or chutney.
These kebabs can also be cooked on charcoal or electric barbecue.
Other dals/lentils like urad dal, masoor dal can also be used.
If using wooden skewer, soak them in water for atleast 2 hours. This will not burn the skewers.
Different grated vegetables can also be opted.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Chilli To Blow Your Mind 3.6/5 (132 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce with Jalapeno... 4.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Curried Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup 3.4/5 (128 Votes)