- Thoor Dal: 1 Cup
- Tomatoes (cut into pieces): 4 Qty
- Mustard: 1 spoon
- Urd Dal: 1 spoon
- Chana Dal: 1 spoon
- Curry Leaves: 10
- Green chillies (vertically chopped) : 3
- Turmeric: 1 pinch
- Oil for seasoning : 3 teaspoons.
- Salt as per your taste
- Coriander Leaves for garnish.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Pressure cook/boil 1 cup of thoor dal with 2 cups of water.Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the deep frying pan.
- Add urd dal and chana dal. When the dal turns light brown, add mustard.When the mustard starts popping, add green chillies and curry leaves.
- Once the chilles are slightly fried, add tomato pieces to the frying pan.Ensure the tomatoes are fried properly.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and salt to the entire mixure.
- Add thoor dal (Step 1) to the frying pan mixture (Step 2).
- Stir it well.Add some water and salt if necessary.
- Heat the entire tomato dal in simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and garnish with coriander leaves.