Vanilla Ice Cream
Delicious smooth and creamy ice cream perfect as a dessert or as a side to a warm pudding.
- 3 eggs
- 75g Sugar
- 225ml skimmed milk
- 225ml Double Cream
- 2.5ml Vanilla essence
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Place the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat together.
In a saucepan slowly bring to the boil.
Take off the heat and pour in the egg and sugar mixture constantly whisking.
Return to the heat and stir constantly until the mixture thickens and will form a film on the back of the spoon. DO NOT BOIL.
Remove from the heat and leave untill cool.
Stir in the cream and vanilla essence.
Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker with the paddle running and leave untill the ice cream is frozen thick and creamy.
Use the egg whites to make delicious meringues as an accompaniment.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice... 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Homemade Pickle 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)