Vanilla Cookies Dipped In Chocolate - Little Hearts
I find cookies are the easiest bakes that one can opt for. I think if someone is trying their hands of baking , one thing that every beginner can cook without any fuss are cookies. There are so many flavours in cookies, but the basic method remains the same.Now, what I like about these cookies is use of simple ingredients whipped together to shape. I used heart shaped cookie cutter and then dipped them in liquid chocolate. Vanilla and chocolate is such winner combination and no one can ever go wrong with its taste. The sweet aroma of vanilla and bitterness of dark chocolate compliments each other very well. Enjoy these crunchy cookies with milk or coffee (like me)
- For Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups self rising flour
- For Chocolate Layer
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Some sprinkles (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180C
Mix butter and sugar well till sugar melts and mixture becomes creamy.
Add egg and beat well. About 2 minutes
Slowly mix in flour.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes. If using a cookie cutter then keep the dough in the fridge for 1 hour and with the help of rolling pin, roll out the dough and cut in the shape desired.
Cool on wire rack completely.
For Chocolate Layer:
In a double boiler melt the chocolate and butter together completely till it becomes creamy.
Now take one cookie at a time and dip in the liquid chocolate and cover with sprinkles. Let it cool. (I covered some cookies half and some completely)
If making eggless use 4 tablespoons of cold milk instead of eggs.
Grated coconut can also be added to increase the flavour.
If you can’t find dark chocolate then white chocolate also looks and taste good.
Instead of sprinkles; chocolate chips, ground nuts can also be used.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (253 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Easy chocolate yoghurt cake 4.4/5 (119 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)