Zucchini Paneer ( Courgettes and Indian cottage cheese Curry)
By Joydeep Pal
Indian cottage cheese better known as Paneer is a hot favourite among the vegetarian community. In this experimental dish, I tried to infuse Zucchini, the low calorie and highly nutritious vegetable, with paneer in a new form of curry. The outcome being really yummy and delicious, I couldn’t resist from sharing the recipe.
- 2 Medium Zucchini (Courgettes/Summer squash) (Washed)
- 200gm Paneer (Indian cottage cheese)
- 1 pc Tomato (big)
- 2 or 3 Green Chillies
- 1 tablespoons of Ginger Paste
- 5-6 tablespoons of Oil : Sunflower oil
- Cummin Whole(Jeera): 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon (Darchini): 1/4 of a stick
- Cardamom (Elaichi): 3 small one
- Clove (Labongo/laung): 3
- Garam Masala: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder (Jeera): 1 table-spoon
- Turmeric powder (Halud/Haldi): 1 tea-spoon
- Sugar: 1 tea-spoon
- Salt to Taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Dice the zucchini and paneer in medium pieces.
Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the paneer first little bit and take them out as they start turning golden brown. Saute the zucchini for 2-3 min and then keep them separate.
Then, add the cummin, bay leaves, cardamom, clove and cinnamon to fry little bit.
Add ginger paste, green chillies and tomato to saute along with cummin and garam masala powder.
Now, add the paneer and zucchini with turmeric powder and salt and mix well with water.
Put a lid over the frying pan to cook for 8-9 mins in medium flame.Add the sugar and mix them well.
Ready to serve hot with rice or bread.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Courgette Cream Soup 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Curried Vegetables with Golden Rice 3.5/5 (110 Votes)
- Indian Chicken Curry 3.6/5 (88 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.