Crepe pancakes with sweet apples in cider
By Agnes0209 du blog La cuisine d'Agnès
- 125 g flour
- 30 g butter
- 10 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoon of brandy
- pinch of salt
- 1 small apple per pancake
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 150 ml cider (dry is best
- it should not be too sweet)
- icing sugar
- whipped cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a bowl, add the flour and eggs, melted butter and sugar. Then gradually add the milk and water while mixing with a whisk. Add the salt and the brandy. Whisk until you are sure there are no lumps! The batter should very runny as this pancake mix is for crepe pancakes which are large are very thin.
Leave the batter to rest for 3 to 4 hours.
Cook the crepe pancakes in a frying pan, lightly oiled. Add a small ladle of batter into the hot pan and tilt so that the mix goes right to the edges. They should be nice and thin.
Keep them warm in aluminium foil or on a plate over a saucepan of boiling water (the steam will prevent them from drying out and keep them warm).
Wash the apples, remove the core and seeds and slice finely. Fry them in a pan with butter, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon (to taste) and moisten with the cider. Then reduce for 5 minutes.
Arrange the apple slices on each pancake and fold in the edges making rose shapes. Sprinkle with lemon juice and icing sugar. Serve immediately, with a squirt of whipped cream.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Mixed Spice Biscuits 3/5 (183 Votes)
- Apple of my eyes Souffle’ 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- How to make pefect American... 3.4/5 (138 Votes)