These home-made spring rolls are enormous but so good! Roughly 2 a person is filling.
- 3 shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable/groundnut oil (plus extra for frying)
- 112 g (4 oz) minced pork
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 50 g canned bamboo shoots
- 50 g prawns
- 112 g (4 oz) beansprouts
- trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp spring onions
- finely chopped
- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg white
- lightly beaten
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Remove the stems from the mushrooms and then finely slice.
In a preheated wok, heat the oil and stir-fry the pork until it changes colour.
Add the soy sauce, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and a little salt. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes, add the beansprouts and cook for a further minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the spring onions. Leave to cool.
Place a tablespoon of the mixture towards the bottom of the wrapper. Roll once to secure the filling, then fold in the sides and continue to roll. Seal with egg white.
Heat enough oil for deep-frying in a wok until it reaches 180-190 degrees (hot enough that a cube of bread fries in 30 seconds). Fry the rolls for about 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Transfer the spring rolls to kitchen paper to drain and then serve and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Soft potato muffins with spring... 4.5/5 (83 Votes)
- Loaf cake with feta cheese and... 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Greek salad 3.7/5 (113 Votes)