Quick beef & broccoli one-pot
Create a delicious beef and broccoli meal in one pot, fast! Contains 2 of your 5-a-day
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g unsalted cashews nuts
- 400g frying beef steak
- cut into strips
- 1 large head broccoli
- broken into florets
- 4 sticks celery
- 150ml beef stock (from a cube is fine)
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
- 2 tbsp low-fat fromage frais
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the nuts and toss for a few secs until lightly toasted. Set aside.
Season the steak strips with plenty of pepper and stir-fry over a high heat for 1-2 mins to brown. Set aside with the nuts. Tip the broccoli and celery into the pan and stir-fry for 2 mins. Pour the stock over, cover and simmer for 2 mins. Meanwhile, mix the horseradish and fromage frais together.
Return the steak to the pan and toss with the veg, then sprinkle over the nuts and serve with the creamy horseradish. Great with mashed potatoes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (390 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Salmon & broccoli cakes 3.5/5 (126 Votes)
- Baked turkey meatballs with... 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cottage Pie 4.8/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.