Slow Cook Shredded Beef
See my Honey Mustard Bread Rolls that can accompany this dish.
- 1kg beef roasting joint
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Bovril
- 1 tbspn Maille wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- A dash of black pepper
- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Pot
- 2 tbsp hot water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 540mins
Cost Average budget
Put the whole joint of beed into the slow-cooker.
Mix all the remaining ingredients; garlic, tomato, Bovril, mustard, brown sugar, black pepper, beef stock and hot water, in a large bowl.
Pour the mix over the beef.
Cover the pot and cook for about 7 - 9 hours, on a low setting.
To serve, take out joint and shred it into pieces using two forks.
Then put the meat back into the slow-cooker pot and mix it up with all the lovely juices.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Kiwi strawberry lollipops 3.8/5 (152 Votes)
- Devilled Eggs 3.8/5 (122 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.