Slow Cooked Smoky Pulled Pork with Chipotle Mayo
- 3 tablespoons hot smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 4 thyme sprigs (leaves finely chopped - keep stems)
- Olive oil
- 2-3kg pork butt (front middle shoulder) - bone in
- rind removed
- 4 onions (peeled and quartered)
- Salt and pepper
- White baps
- Chipotle Mayo:
- 300g quality mayo
- 1-2 tablespoons chipotle paste (use 2 teaspoons smoked paprika if unavailable)
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 300mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 140°C.
Mix paprika, sugar, garlic and thyme leaves in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then add a little oil to make a paste. Rub all over the pork, massaging well in. Cover and chill for 24 hours.
Put onions in roasting tin. Sprinkle with thyme stalks. Put pork on top, fattiest side up. Roast for 1 hour then cover with foil and cook for further 4-5 hours until tender and falling off the bone.
Combine all chipotle mayo ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
When pork cooked, cover loosely with foil and rest for 1 hour. Pull meat away in chunks. Serve with mayo in baps.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Pork with Parma Ham and Feta Cheese 3.4/5 (121 Votes)
- How to Cook the Macaroni Cheese... 3.6/5 (61 Votes)
- Beef Chili Dish 3.7/5 (47 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.