Pulled Pork and Pittas
- 1 large joint of pork
- such as a hand of pork.
- For the marinade
- 2 tbsp honey.
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 2 tsp smoked paprika.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 whole bulb of garlic
- crushed by hand.
- Plenty of fresh thyme.
- Plenty of fresh rosemary.
- 2 big pinches of salt.
- 1 big pinch of pepper.
- 330ml bottle American pale ale.
- Homemade pittas
- to serve
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 480mins
Cost Average budget
Put the pork into an oven tray. Start by scoring the pork along the skin as if making crackling.
Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl then cover the pork in the marinade. Rub the sauce and the garlic into the scored slits in the meat and leave the to marinate overnight
The next day preheat the oven to 240°C/gas mark 9. Put the pork into the oven for 20 minutes or until it gets a great colour. After 20 minutes take the meat out, cover it in tin foil and put it back into the oven at a cooler 140°C/gas mark 1 for 8 hours to slow roast. Eight hours later it should pull from the bone and be lovely and tender.
Cut the pittas open down one side and fill with pulled pork. Drizzle some of the marinade sauce over the top and serve with coleslaw.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Cevapi Bosnian kebab 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Mushroom Pasta 3.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Ryan's Tomato Pasta 4.2/5 (68 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.