Veggie burgers with turnip
- 1/2 turnip
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup black eye peas
- bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp turmeric and paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic and onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley and oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp tomato puree
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook beans and rice in the pressure cooker for 12 minutes and drain.
Steam the chopped turnip and carrot in the microwave for 8-9 minutes and mash in a food processor.
Add mashed beans and rice and all the other ingredients, combine and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Form patties and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, using an olive oil spray if necessary.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.