Pork Chops with a cream sauce
By john french
A family favourite perfect served with mustard mash
- 2 pork chops
- Knob of Butter
- 1 tblspn Caster Sugar
- 1 small Apple peeled cored and diced
- 1 small Onion peeled and finely diced
- 1 spring of fresh rosemary
- 75ml Double Cream
- 1 glass Cider
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Melt the sugar and butter gently in a pan. Add the apple and cook for 5 mins until lightly caramalised.
Remove apple from the pan. Wipe pan clean. Add a little oil and the onions and cook until tender. Remove from pan and add to apples.
Chop the Rosemary and press into both sides of the chop and season with salt and pepper
Heat some oil in a pan. Once oil is hot add chops and cook for 5/7 minutes each side.
When the pork chops are cooked through remove from the pan, place on a plate and cover with foil.
Pour excess fat out of pan. Return pan to the heat, add cider and boil for 1 min.
Add the apple and onion and allow to heat through.
Add cream and simmer for a couple of mins to allow to thicken - keep stiring at this point.
Remove from heat and serve poured over the chops.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Roast Chops with Potatoes 3.3/5 (120 Votes)
- Poulet de Bresse in Cream Sauce 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.