Caribbean Pork Curry
A curry that uses the lime and the coconut and does mix it all up!
- 4 Pork Shoulder Steaks
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Thumb sized piece of Ginger
- Half Thumb Fresh Tumeric
- Punnet of Mushrooms
- 1 Diced Onion
- Handful of fine Green Beans
- A Tin of Coconut Milk
- Handful Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Caribbean Every Day Seasoning
- Dash Soy sauce
- Dash Honey
- Dash Spiced Rum
- Juice of half a Lime
- White Rice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Fry pork in spoonful of sesame oil.
Chop and add vegetables to pan.
Add rum and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
Add Caribbean Every Day Seasoning. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients. Cook, with lid off pan until curry has thickened.
Serve with Rice
For the perfect sticky rice. Add double water to rice and water to a saucepan and leave uncovered to cook. Keep stirring rice until rice has absorbed all the water.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (161 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Pulled pork 3.5/5 (147 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Special fried egg 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Rum Cake Balls 3.7/5 (111 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.