Roast pork with sage
- 1.4 kg of roast pork
- 1 bunch spring onions cleaned
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- for cooking
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Rub the roast with garlic on all sides. Add salt and pepper. In an oiled baking dish, put the roast surrounded by onions. Drizzle with olive oil. Rub 10 sage leaves in your hands and sprinkle the roast. Bake 1 hour 15.
During the cooking, baste the roast frequently with its own juice (add a small amount of boiling water if necessary).
Remove the roast and onions from the dish. Keep warm on a platter in the cooling, door Remove roast and onions the dish. Keep warm on platter in the oven off, leaving the door open.
On low heat, deglaze the cooking juices with white wine and 3 tablespoons of hot water, reduce, scraping the browned bits of meat, add the balsamic vinegar.
Serve the roast surrounded with onions, decorated with the sage leaves and the juice in a gravy boat.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Pork with Caramelised Apple and... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Hermitage Roast Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.