Really tasty. Quick and cheap to make.
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion
- finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 400g can chickpeas
- washed and drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- handful parsley
- (or 1 tsp dried mixed herbs)
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan, then fry the onion and garlic over a low heat for 5 mins until softened.
Put the onion and garlic into a large mixing bowl with the chickpeas and spices, then mash together with a fork or potato masher until the chickpeas are totally broken down.
Stir in the parsley or dried herbs, and season to taste. Add the egg, then squash the mixture together with your hands.
Mould the mixture into balls, then flatten.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan, then fry the falafels on a medium heat for 3 mins on each side, until golden brown and firm
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (493 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (163 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (151 Votes)