Hungarian Plum Dumplings Recipe - Szilvas Gomboc
Makes 18 Hungarian Plum Dumplings
- 5 medium potatoes
- mashed and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 18 damson or Italian prune plums
- washed and pitted
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups very fine bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, eggs and salt. When well combined, add flour and mix until a soft dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 30 minutes.
Place a large pot of salted water on to boil. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/3 inch. Cut into 2-inch squares. Place a plum in the center of each square and fold in half, pressing out all air and sealing the edges. Moisten edges before crimping if necessary to seal. Carefully drop into boiling water. Repeat until all plums are in the water. Cook 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet, add bread crumbs and brown. Using a slotted spoon, remove dumplings to a colander to drain. Place dumplings in skillet, coating with buttered crumbs. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Yeasty Plum Cake 4/5 (71 Votes)
- Little Damson plum filled sponge... 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.