Christmas Tree Pizzas
- 1 onion
- finely chopped
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 500g packet of bread mix
- A handful of grated mozzarella
- 400g spinach
- 2 peppers
- one red one yellow
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Sweat the onion and carrot in a pan with the olive oil for 5 minutes until soft. Season, add the dried sage and then tip in both tins of tomatoes and bubble on a medium heat for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and then blitz to a smooth paste with a blender.
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Make up the dough according to the packet instructions. Roll out to cover a floured baking tray 36cm x 28cm. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes until the dough has become firm.
Meanwhile steam the spinach until wilted, squeeze out all the liquid and set aside.
Make your tree decorations by cutting star shapes out of the yellow pepper. Then chop tiny jewels out of both the yellow and red peppers.
Take the pizza base out of the oven and then spread evenly with the tomato sauce..
Decorate evenly with wilted spinach and scatter with mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until golden.
Allow to cool slightly then slide off the baking sheet onto a cutting board. Using a pizza cutter cut into triangles. Add your pepper tree decorations and serve.
These Christmas tree pizzas will be great fun to make with the help of Zach and Amelia. They are a lovely addition to the festive party table. The spinach in the topping of these pizzas creates the foliage, the cheese is snow and your decorations are simply jewel coloured peppers.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- French Pizza 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- How to make the perfect pizza dough 3.5/5 (142 Votes)