- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions
- peeled and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- peeled and crushed
- 5cm root ginger
- peeled and chopped
- 2 green chillies
- deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 450g chicken breast
- 10 tomatoes
- 150g natural yogurt
- 120g fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, coriander and turmeric. Fry for 2 minutes then add the chicken pieces.
Cook until the chicken is sealed and takes on a little colour, then add the tomatoes. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat and stir in the yogurt,spinach and garam masala. Stir well, cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir again – the spinach will have wilted by now.
Serve the curry with freshly cooked basmati rice and fresh coriander.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Saag Aloo Style Cheesey Chips 3/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.