Warm Apple Pie Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled apples
- For nut topping:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
Grease the bottom & sides of the 9x5x5 inch loaf pan. If using a glass pan, lower 25 degrees.
In a large bowl beat the butter and sugars together until combined. Add the buttermilk and baking powder: and beat until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla: and beat until combined. Add flour, apple pie spice and salt: beat until combined.
Toss the apple and nuts in a bit of flour before adding to the batter. By hand stir in the nuts and apples.
Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Prepare the streusel topping. In a small sowl combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Using a pasty blender or fork cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake for 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (232 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (255 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (255 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)