Red Velvet Cheescake Swirl Brownies
Red velvet cake, cheesecake and brownie - a combination of the three best desserts!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 30 grams red food colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 pack cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease baking tray.
Whisk melted butter with sugar and add cocoa, red food colouring, vanilla extract, vinegar, and salt - one at a time.
Stir the eggs into mixture until smooth.
Stir flour into cocoa mixture just until combined; set aside 1/4 cup batter. Pour remaining batter into the prepared baking dish.
Beat cream cheese in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy; beat 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract into cream cheese until very well blended and only small lumps remain, 3 to 4 minutes.
Spoon cream cheese mixture in dollops over the batter in pan; gently smooth tops of dollops even with batter using a knife or offset spatula. Do not overmix. Drizzle reserved 1/4 cup of batter over the dollops of cream cheese mixture. Drag a knife or skewer through the batter and cream cheese mixture to create swirls.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars; store covered in refrigerator.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (95 Votes)
- Skittles Cheesecake 3.6/5 (165 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (224 Votes)
- Raspberry Rose Cupcakes 3.9/5 (118 Votes)
- Black bean brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes 5/5 (18 Votes)