Malteaser Smash Brownie Bites
- 6½ oz unsalted butter
- 6½ oz milk chocolate (I used Cadbury's Dairy milk)
- 3 oz plain flour
- 1½ oz cocoa powder
- 10 oz golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 5 oz Malteasers (I used a 135g bag)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Start by pre-heating your oven to 160° (325° F, Gas Mark 3) and thoroughly grease a shallow bun tray.
Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bain marie or in a microwave.
Meanwhile, crack the 3 eggs into a mixing bowl and add in the golden caster sugar. Using an electric whisk, whisk on maximum speed until the mixture becomes paler and doubles in size.
Pour in the melted chocolate and butter mixture, and blend again to turn it a light brown.
Sift in the flour and cocoa, and whisk just enough to ensure the two mixtures are combined.
Using the flat side of a wide knife, or a rolling pin, roughly crush the Malteasers. Stir into the brownie mixture, leaving a handful aside for the topping.
Now, spoon the mixture into your greased bun tray and sprinkle with the remaining crushed Malteasers. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a knife pressed into the centre comes out clean.
Take out of the oven and leave in the tin to cool completely. Once cooled, run a knife round the outside of each brownie, then transfer to an air tight container. Eat within a week.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.4/5 (250 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Avocado Brownie Bites 3.3/5 (133 Votes)