Devilled Eggs aren’t seen so much anymore in the UK, from what I gather they’re popular in the states. When planning your buffet for Christmas this year make sure you do some of these. They’re delicious and versatile. A really good vegetarian option at the buffet.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Cayenee
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ tsp Mustard
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place the eggs into boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes. They are best cooked from room temperature, if taking them from the fridge cook for 12 minutes. Run them under cold running water for at least 5 minutes. This stops them cooking and prevents the yolks going black.
Peel and cut in half.
This is how the yolk should look. It shouldn’t be dull or yellow and powdery. It should be vibrant orange and just hold its shape, that’s why you cool the eggs completely before you use them.
Scoop out the yolk, you should just be able to push it out with your finger. Be careful not to damage the white as you will be loading the yolk back in.
Now mash the yolk with a fork and mix with all the other ingredients. Taste and adjust to your preference.
Load the yolk mix back into the white and serve garnished with some cayenne, cress and/or chives.
Don't get bogged down in recipes. Use them as a guide, but you know what you like. Don't be afraid to adjust it to suit your taste.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)