Salty Almond Flax Crackers
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy free, Gluten free
- 1/4 red onion
- sliced thinly
- 70g ground almonds
- 70g flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the onion and, if necessary, the almonds. Then preheat an oven to gas mark 4. Also, line a baking tray with parchment.
Using a blender, add the almonds, flaxseeds and blend gently until a rough-ish meal has formed.
Mix in the onions, miso, water, salt, garlic powder, cumin and pepper to the mixer. Blend again until pureed.
Using a spatula, carefully pour and spread the mixture onto the prepared parchment. Take a rolling pin and briefly add another parchment to cover the mixture, rolling over the top until rolled out to 1cm thickness.
Remove the top parchment sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. If still soft, contiinue to bake on a lower heat until crisper.
Then remove from the oven and allow to cool. Cut or break into pieces to serve.
Great with dips, topped with vegetables or to accompany salads.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Sweet & Salty Plantain Chips 3.3/5 (112 Votes)
- Cheese crackers 3.3/5 (84 Votes)