Sweet & Salty Plantain Chips
Plantain belongs to the banana family but cannot be eaten raw. They may be cooked when they are green for a more savoury taste or when they turn yellow when they get sweeter.
- Plantain - however many you like - I used one for this recipe
- Unrefined Sea Salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Slit the plantain in the middle so that you can peel the skin off and then slice in thin rounds.
Spread the plantain evenly over greased proof or baking paper which has been laid out on an oven tray.
Sprinkle a dash of sea salt.
Bake in preheated oven (I had mine at 190 degrees) for 10 minutes.
Eat and enjoy your healthy snack!
If you want your plantain chips to be crunchier, cut them as thinly as possible. Use a slicer if you have one. I cut mine by hand because I wanted them crunchy on the outside with some softness inside.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana & Pecan Cake 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Banana Ice Cream 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Sbrisolona 3.3/5 (146 Votes)
- Banana Booster 3.9/5 (66 Votes)
- Fish Finger Salad 3.3/5 (114 Votes)
- Salty Almond Flax Crackers 3.1/5 (36 Votes)