Mushroom and Egg Gratin
- 10g butter
- 200g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 12½g mature cheddar (grated)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 190oC.
Put butter into frying pan over a high heat. When it begins to foam toss in mushrooms, shallot, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring.
Butter gratin dishes and divide the mushroom mix between them.
Make a well in centre of mushroom mix and crack an egg into it. Drizzle cream around each egg and top with grated cheese, salt and pepper.
Bake in over for 10-12 minutes for a runny egg (couple of minutes more for firm).
Can be served with hot buttered toast.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Meatballs and Mustard Mash 3.8/5 (111 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)