Tomato Parmesan Chicken
This dish is simple to make using a tin of tomato soup and some fresh herbs and vegetables and top with Parmesan cheese to enhance the flavour
- 4 pieces chicken joints (skin removed)
- 1 Tin tomato soup
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 handful chopped herbs (basil
- oregano and parsley)
- 2 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup white wine
- 100g sliced mushrooms
- 1 small courgette (diced)
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon flour
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Sprinkle the chicken joints with salt and pepper. Dredge with flour.
Heat the olive oil in a pan. Brown the chicken on both sides. Drain and set aside.
With the remaining oil the pan, sweat the onion and garlic. Add in mushrooms, herbs, white wine, tomato puree, tomato soup.
Transfer the chicken into a slow cooker. Pour over the sauce. Cover and cooked at heat setting (No 1 ) for 1 hour.
Stir in the diced courgette and grated Parmesan.
Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
Season to taste. Garnish with freshly chopped herbs and fresh garlic buttered toast.
Chopped fresh tomotoes and pepper can be added. Serve this dish with pasta or rice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (216 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (141 Votes)