Eggy Bread with Mushrooms
- 4 slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 2 tbs sunflower oil
- 250g mushrooms
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut the bread into quarters. Beat together the eggs and milk and season. Pour into a shallow dish then add the bread slices and leave them to stand for 5 mins so the bread soaks up the liquid.
While the bread is soaking, heat half the oil in a pan and add the mushrooms. Cook them over a medium-low heat until they are softened and begin to take on a little colour.
In another pan, heat the remaining oil and cook the soaked bread quarters for 2-3 mins each side, until golden.
To serve, stack slices of cooked eggy bread onto a warmed serving plate, top with cooked mushrooms, season to taste.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (455 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (144 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (156 Votes)