- 1.75kg chicken drumsticks
- pinch salt
- 2 lemons
- juice only
- 500g plain yoghurt
- 3-4 tbsp tandoori spice mix
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cut deep incisions into the chicken flesh with a small, sharp knife. Place the chicken into a bowl and sprinkle over the salt and the juice of two lemons, massaging into the chicken until well coated.
Mix the yoghurt and tandoori spice in a bowl until well combined. Pour the marinade onto the chicken and massage into the flesh. Cover with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours - or overnight if possible.
Preheat the grill to high.
Lift the drumsticks from the marinade and gently shake off any excess. Place a wire rack over a roasting tin and lay the drumsticks upon it. Grill for 20 minutes, turning regularly, or until richly burnished and cooked through.
You can make a simple dip to serve with the chicken by blending together 3-4 tablespoons of plain yoghurt with 5 springs of fresh mint, 1 green chilli and a pinch each of salt and sugar.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)