WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA MOUSSE CAKE
Yields 12 2×3 mini cakes
- 9 ounces white chocolate
- ¼ strong coffee
- 2 teaspoons
- instant coffee granules
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Chocolate Sponge Cake:
- 3 tablespoons cake flour (not self-rising)
- sifted after measuring
- plus additional for dusting pan
- 2 whole large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place chocolate and instant coffee granules in a heatproof bowl. Place bowl in a skillet with one inch of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth, then add in remaining coffee portion to chocolate mixture. Remove from heat and let cool until a small dab on your lip feels warm.
Whip cream to soft peaks, not stiff. Gently fold in a large spoonful of chocolate mixture. Continue folding in remaining chocolate mixture until both are well mixed.
Chocolate Sponge Cake :
1 tablespoon granulated sugar 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, foam discarded, and butter cooled1. Beat whole eggs in a large bowl with a handheld mixer at high speed until eggs have tripled in volume and form a ribbon when beaters are lifted, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low, then add unsweetened cocoa powder, almond flour and confectioners sugar and mix until just combined. Re-sift cake flour over batter and gently fold in.
Beat egg whites in a bowl with cleaned beaters at medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt and beat until whites just hold soft peaks. Add granulated sugar, then increase speed to high and beat until whites just hold stiff peaks.
Fold one third of whites into almond mixture to lighten, then fold in remaining whites gently but thoroughly. Fold in butter, then pour batter evenly into a 15- by 10-inch shallow baking pan, spreading gently and evenly with offset spatula and being careful not to deflate (batter will be about 1/4 inch thick). Bake at 350.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes, then cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes.
Loosen edges of cake with spatula, then transfer cake (on paper) to a cutting board. Use a round cookie cutter and stamp out circles.
Place sponge cake layer on bottom of pan or ramekin. Add a layer of White Chocolate Mocha Mousse.
Repeat step one once more. Finish as preferred.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (258 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake 3.1/5 (197 Votes)
- Chocolate mousse cake 3.4/5 (132 Votes)
- White Chocolate Shell Vanilla... 3.3/5 (131 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (36 Votes)