Chocolate mousse cake
Super easy indulgent dessert
- 200 gr grounded chocolate biscuits (I used bourbons)
- 75 gr melted butter
- some spices like cinnamon and nutmeg
- 375 gr good quality dark chocolate
- 500 ml double cream
- almonds to garnish
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix the grounded biscuits with the butter and spices and spread on the tray. Melt the chocolate in ben mari. In another bowl beat the double cream until thick but creamy. You don’t want it very stiff. Pour the cream in the chocolate and mix gently until fully incorporated. Spread the chocolate mousse on top of the biscuit base equally and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Place the almonds in a bowl and sprinkle some water, icing sugar and cinnamon. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool and ground coarsely in the blender (or by hand) and garnish the cake as you like.
This recipe is very versatile. You can add almonds in the mousse too or infuse it with orange zest and a bit of brandy.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (253 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Chocolate & berry mousse pots 3.7/5 (116 Votes)