Red wine and macaroon chocolate mousse
- 75g/3oz macaroons
- 75ml/3fl oz red wine
- preferably Bordeaux
- 200g/7oz dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 25g/1oz butter
- 150ml/5fl oz double cream
- 3 free-range egg whites
- 50g/2oz white chocolate
- 4 tuile biscuits
- to serve
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Divide the macaroons among four glasses. Pour over the red wine until the macaroons are just covered, and set aside.
Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and set aside to cool slightly.
Whisk the cream in a bowl until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed. Whisk the cream into the melted chocolate mixture.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until just combined.
Spoon the chocolate mousse into a piping bag and pipe over the red wine-soaked macaroons.
Set aside to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or until just set.
Grate the white chocolate over the top of the mousse and serve the tuile biscuits alongside.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Kissing Pie 3.7/5 (119 Votes)
- Chocolate & berry mousse pots 3.7/5 (116 Votes)
- Macaroons 3.7/5 (111 Votes)
- Pasta with wine sauce and peas 3.5/5 (130 Votes)
- Bailey Bolognese 3.7/5 (115 Votes)