Rhubarb Wine (Method Two)
A family recipe from Great-Nanna Lottie.
- 5 lb rhubarb pulp
- 1 lb water
- 3 lb lump sugar
- 1 lemon rind
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Wipe sticks of rhubarb and bruise to a pulp.
Add pulp to water and allow to stand for three days, giving it a stir three times a day.
On the forth day, sieve. Measure the liquid and add 3 lb sugar for each gallon.
Stir until the sugar is dissolved, then add one lemon rind per gallon of liquid.
Let it stand and ferment.
When the top crust begins to crack, cask your wine.
Leave for two weeks, then bung down, adding more sugar if it has lost it's sweetness.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Dandelion cordial 3/5 (195 Votes)
- Beef and red wine ragu 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Double chocolate chip frappe 3.3/5 (147 Votes)
- Pasta with wine sauce and peas 3.5/5 (132 Votes)
- Bailey Bolognese 3.7/5 (115 Votes)
- Rhubarb Crumble 3.5/5 (131 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake with Meringue topping 3.4/5 (131 Votes)