- 200 g onions
- thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g tomatoes
- 500 g eggplant
- 2 celery stalks
- 6 olives
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 125 ml (½ cup) water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat olive oil in a saucepan, add the onions. Fry on over moderate heat. Stir often and add 15 ml water during cooking if they appear too fry.
Add the rest of the ingredients: tomato, aubergine, celery, olive, capers, tomato paste and water. Stir well.
Turn up the heat and slowly bring to the boil, stirring continuously. When boiling reduce heat to low and leave to simmer, covered, for 1½ hours.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Duo of salmon and swordfish curry 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Healthy Carrot Soup 3.3/5 (116 Votes)
- Curry Chicken with Mango 3.9/5 (71 Votes)
- Tuna inspired salad 3.3/5 (84 Votes)
- Eggplant & Feta Cheese Vegetable... 3.6/5 (11 Votes)