By Catherine B
This is an easy fondue recipe using Compté cheese from the Franche-Compté region of France.
- 200 to 250 g of Comté per person eating
- 2 1/2 cups of quality dry white wine
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 baguettes of stale bread (chopped into large bite sized pieces)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Rub the pan with the clove of garlic, then add in the chopped compté. Pour in most of the white wine slowly, stirring constantly, until the cheese is completely melted.
Dissolve the flour in the remaining white wine, and mix that into the melted cheese to thicken it a little. Adjust the consistency to your liking by adding more cheese or more wine.
Serve using a fondue set. Make sure to stir the fondue periodically. Eat and enjoy!
You can drink the same wine you used to make the fondue (they will go nicely together). Also, boil some potatoes and dip those in the fondue. It can be really tasty.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Gratin Dauphinois 4.2/5 (48 Votes)
- Banana Booster 3.9/5 (66 Votes)
- Mushrooms in White Wine 4/5 (43 Votes)
- Fondue Savoyarde 4/5 (21 Votes)