- 1 x baguette
- 1/2 small red onion
- 3 x big tomatoes
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 x tablespoon Garlic olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Cut the baguette in to slices approximately 1cm thick and place on a baking sheet. Put in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, turning half way through. Take out the oven and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, cut the tomato in half and discard most of the seeds (it doesn't matter if a few are left). Place into a bowl.
Cut the red onion into small pieces and add to the tomato. Add the oil, sugar and a good sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Shred the basil leaves and add most of them to the tomato and onion mixture (reserving a few for the end). Stir well and leave to stand for at least 20 minutes.
Place a spoonful of the tomato and onion on top of each of the bruschetta slices and garnish with a little of the leftover shredded basil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (404 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Stilton and Mushroom toasts 3.8/5 (27 Votes)
- Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes 3.7/5 (15 Votes)