Pasta with puréed aubergines and peppers
- 2 bell peppers (1 green and 1 red)
- 150g cream cheese
- 2 aubergines
- 250g tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 pinch of paprika
- 400g pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grate the aubergines and cut the tomatoes into cubes (if you are using fresh tomatoes, boil them a little so you can remove their skins and seeds). Chope the onion.
Cook over low heat for 20 minutes in a pan containing oil. Add salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika. Add the cream cheese and stir gently.
At the same time, cook the sliced peppers for 5 minutes in a pressure cooker (or microwave) and cook the pasta.
Pour the puree of eggplant on the drained pasta and arrange the pepper strips on top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Baked Red Onion and Goats Cheese... 3.5/5 (134 Votes)
- Romano Peppers with Couscous 3.4/5 (128 Votes)