Tomatoes Pickled Chutney
We Indians love chutneys-any type, anytime and with all most all kinds of food. This is tomatoes and garlic chutney which can be served with sandwiches, rotis, muthiya, cheela, pancakes, rice, khakhra etc etc (the list is endless :)). At my home chutney is always there ready in fridge because we enjoy it with all our meals. This is a quick chutney recipe; I hope you will relish it with your food like us!..
- 5 tomatoes
- 6-7 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds/ saunf
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds/ rai/ sarson
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds/ methi
- 1/2 tsp black pepper seeds/ kali mirch
- 1 bay leaf/ tej patta
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grind tomatoes and garlic in a blender. Puree it completely.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, bay leaf, fenugreek seeds, black pepper seeds and fennel seeds.
When the seeds crackle, add the tomato garlic paste
Mix chiili powder and salt in the water.
Add water spices mixture in the pan and cover.
Cook till water evaporates and thick chutney is left.
Serve hot or cold. You can use this chutney for a week.
Having a party at home and wanna have finger food? Buy chips packet from the market and serve them with chutney. New version of salsa and nachos is ready!.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (190 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Soft potato muffins with spring... 4.5/5 (83 Votes)