Veal sweetbreads and pickled aubergine, tomato chutney and sweet and sour parsley
By Michel Portos
- 2 large aubergine
- 8 veal sweetbreads 200g
- 12 anchovy fillets + 24 for decoration
- 1/2 bunch of parsley
- For the chutney:
- 1.5 kg of peeled tomatoes
- 125 g of honey
- 75 cl of red wine vinegar
- 2.5 cl sherry vinegar
- 8 shallots
- 3 star anise
- 1/2 head of garlic
- bay leaves
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cut the aubergine lengthwise into strips about 1 cm thick.
Blanch in boiling water 2-3 minutes.
Place in a bowl of cold water and drain on a dish towel.
Make the marinade by mixing the sherry vinegar with garlic, thyme, bay leaf, olive oil. Place the aubergines in the marinade for 6 hours before making the rest of the dish.
Brown the veal in a an of oil, butter, salt and pepper. It should be slightly undercooked.
Make the chutney. Peel, seed and dice the tomatoes, mix with sliced shallots, garlic in slices, star anise.
Heat the honey, deglaze with wine and sherry vinegar and reduce to a
syrup. Add the tomatoes, garlic, shallots, anise. Cook to a compote consistency. When cooked, add anchovies, mash up, and coarsely chopped parsley.
Fry the aubergine slices and place in a dish. Add the veal on top, then he chutney and bake for 6 minutes at 180°C (gas mark 4).
Serve onto plaats and garnish with anchovies, rocket salad, fleur de sel salt, fresh ground pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Oil-free mayonnaise 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Recipe: Courgette and Apple Jam,... 3.5/5 (135 Votes)